Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


What is the Aid & Attendance Benefit?

The Aid & Attendance Pension is a benefit available to Veterans and their spouses and widows to help cover their living expenses when facing long term care. There are different criteria, but you do not necessarily need to be poor to qualify. The office of Veteran Affairs will review your medical needs and your entire financial situation. The cost of home care can be high, and the Aid & Attendance benefit is applied to cover these costs. 

​Let us help you today by calling 877-233-4987
Or Click HERE to send a pre-qualification form and find out what you are eligible for.


Is the process difficult?

Yes, with the number of forms the Veterans Administration requires, the process is difficult. However, going through the process with our team on your side will make the process easier to understand and navigate through. Click HERE to send a pre-qualification form.

How do I start the process?

  1. Complete the pre-qualification form. We know how difficult it is to navigate the VA. U.S. Veteran Care Services has a comprehensive screening to help you, and we will support you every step of the way. We will assist you in completing the paperwork and gathering the supporting documents making the process easier and more effective.    

  2. After you submit your pre-qualification form, we will contact you to start the process. We'll help you prepare and submit your application on time so you can begin receiving your benefits faster.

  3. Arrange for care. The most important part of the entire process is making sure you receive quality home care services. Once everything has been processed, and it's time to set you up with a home care provider, U.S. Veteran Care Services will help you or your loved one to find a quality, reliable provider in your area to assist you with activities of daily living.

  4. Navigate and monitor the process. Our Services do not stop here, and we will keep in touch with you and the home care providers to ensure that you are receiving exceptional, reliable services. We will continue to provide hands-on guidance for you and your family, so you will always have the quality of care you deserve.


Is U.S. Veteran Care Services credentialed or qualified to turn paperwork in to the VA for Veterans?

Yes. USVCS has a partnership with government-contracted Veteran Admin Services LLC, and we are represented by Scott Sexton, a VA Accredited Attorney.

Mr. Sexton's accreditation number is 15456

POA Code: 28N.  

What if I Don't Qualify?

Many veterans think they are already receiving their maximum benefits, and fail to apply for the home care benefit.

Other veterans may start the application and due to the lengthy process may become discouraged and stop pursuing the benefits.

The best thing to do is to be positive and apply. The only way to see if you qualify is to apply!

Contact Us today to get your application started. 

What if I don't have my discharge paperwork (DD214)?

If you do not have your discharge paperwork (DD214), U.S. Veteran Care Services will help you filing the necessary forms with the VA (free of charge) to confirm your service. If this happens, we will need to submit extra paperwork, and the process may take longer. We advise our Veterans and their family to try their best to find the DD214 paperwork because it will facilitate and speed the process.  

How will we meet if I am unable to leave my home?

Due to Covid-19 our partners are extremely considerate of your safety. We will ensure that we will conduct as much of the process over the phone or video chat. When it is time to collect a copy of your documents and have you sign the application we will have masks, gloves, and maintain social distancing.  

Do I need to pay U.S. Veteran Care Services to help me file my paperwork with the VA?

No. We do not charge anything to help our Veterans and their family file the necessary paperwork with the VA. The money you will receive from the VA is used to pay for the home care services we will provide. The filing assistance is always free of charge, no matter the outcome of your application.

What is the Surviving Spouse Benefits for Assisted Living?

As a spouse of a veteran you have provided countless hours and endless days of support to your family. These honorable actions do not go unnoticed. The Veterans Administration recognizes your part in the veterans' life. That's why Benefits for Assisted Living are not just for the veteran! Veterans spouses that have provided support to service members who have died can receive benefits as well. 

How do I qualify for the surviving spouse benefit for assisted living?

A surviving spouse must meet certain criteria to be eligible to receive benefits. To qualify you must:

  • Be a surviving spouse of a war time veteran that served during the following wars: 

    • World War II: 12/7/41 - 12/31/46

    • Korean War: 6/27/50 - 1/31/55

    • Vietnam I: 2/28/61 - 8/5/64 (boots on ground)

    • Vietnam II: 8/6/64 - 5/7/75

    • Gulf War: 8/2/90 - Date TBD 

  • Be 55 years of age or older

  • Have assets less than $125,000.00 (Your home and car are exempt)

How much will I get?

The amount you will receive does not depend on us, but is decided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The amount varies from individual to individual. 

* The average amount for the Veteran falls between $700 and $1500 per month, with the maximum amount being $3000 and the minimum $300 a month. The average amount for the wife is between $500 and $1000 per month.


I’m on Medicaid, do I qualify to receive the benefit?

If Medicaid is paying for everything, then the VA will not qualify you to receive the benefit. However, if Medicaid is paying only some of the costs, then you may be eligible.


I live in a nursing home or assisted living facility, do I qualify to receive the benefit?

If you are in a Medicaid nursing home or Medicaid assisted living facility 99.9% of the time, then the VA assumes that Medicaid is paying for everything and will not qualify you to obtain the benefit. However, if you’re in an independent senior facility and Medicaid is paying for only some of your costs, you may be eligible to receive the benefit.  

Call us today on 877-233-4987

  • U.S. Veteran Care Services